background

7.06.2013

Christmas in July: Gift Wrap


I will be the first to admit that I am a terrible gift wrapper. I think I have really good ideas, but they somehow don't translate to my fingers as I'm wrapping. I have been doing a lot of "research" into simple ways of achieving unique gift wraps. 


A couple of years ago, I wrapped each person's gifts in a specific paper. That way I didn't need gift tags, I just knew by the paper what gift went to which person. It was ok, but I really didn't like the uniformity of it. I want to come up with a really cool idea for this year. I thought I'd share some of my "research" with you.


courtesy of Pinterest



http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/2012/12/wrapping-up-christmas.html


http://www.stylisheve.com/stylish-christmas-gift-wrapping-ideas/


http://eabdesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/11/index.html


http://sarahostman.com/blog/christmas-gift-wrapping/

I really like the idea of putting the receiver's photo on the gift. I think I might try that one this year. Do you have any really cool gift wrap ideas or tips? Please share!

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas, thank you for sharing! =)
    http://julegleder.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wrapped packages similar to the one wrapped in brown paper. I used kraft paper, jute, and trimmed with pine cones, sprigs of greenery, etc. They looked very nice. I also tried an idea from Gooseberry Patch -- wrap a gift in a shiny solid color like red, green, or blue. Then use a white paint pen and write Christmas words and sayings all over it -- like "Jingle", "Let it Snow", etc. and draw some simple snowflakes or stars in amongst the words. This was a lot of fun and came out very cute.

    ReplyDelete

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." Charles Dickens